Friday 13 January 2012

Updates

I haven't blogged for a couple of days so I thought I'd give a few updates.

1) I like to weigh myself on a Wednesday so if I have had an indulgent weekend then it gives me chance to try and recover on Monday and Tuesday. So I weighed myself on Monday when I started and then re-weighed myself on Wednesday so I can weigh myself every Wednesday. From Monday to Wednesday I had lost two pounds, but I'm sure most of this is water weight and not actual fat but it gave me a boost and I was pretty happy!

2) I was planning on going shopping and then going to the gym but by I was out shopping a lot longer than planned. I didn't get home until 3 so by the time I'd had lunch I didn't fancy going, more because I know if I exercise straight after I've eaten then I'll feel sick, get stitch and give up. So instead of going to the gym I was going to use a magazine article on home exercise to do half an hour of small circuit training, apparently burning 400 calories. I did what it was in about 20 minutes and no way did I feel like I'd burnt 400 calories, more like 100! So I jumped on the cross trainer we have in our spare room, aiming to do 10k on there and did 15.5! I burnt 353 calories so I know this distance is no where near accurate but it gives me something to aim for next time I go on.
http://www.running4women.com/how-aerobic-x-training-can-boost-your-running/

Here is an article about how Cross Training can boost your running by boosting your fitness and creating a better athlete!

3) Today I did manage the motivation to go to the gym, I wanted to give the little box on the right higher numbers to show you as I'm not really running very far! I started off in the gym and did 0.7k and the treadmill stopped. Que attempt two; I got to 0.84k and decided I couldn't be bothered and wanted to use another machine. So I got off and went on the bike, then decided to round up the treadmill number to 2k (by doing 0.46k) and then going on another machine and getting back on the treadmill a-fresh and starting again by doing 3k to make my total 5k. (Read enough numbers yet?)

I used the internet to look at a couch210k plan and see what kinds of things they recommend. The first week was run 2 minutes walk 2 minutes, eight times creating a 34 minute run. I thought I'd do this but for a 5k distance and see how long it took. I stuck to it, kind of, adding the odd 15seconds to my run and the odd 5 seconds to the walking and I did the 5k in just under 39 minutes on a 1/5% incline. Running for two minutes sounds easy but after one and a half minutes I felt like I needed to slow down I kept going. Next time I go to the gym I'm going to do 2 minutes 30 seconds run and 45 seconds rest (walking) and try to increase my time running and the pace and decrease the rest time. Hopefully soon (maybe next week or the week after) I can be running 5 minutes and walking 1 minute and keep increasing so I only need a couple of rests through the 5k. And then increase my distance so that I can train more specifically for the 10k in May. I am going to sign up for that this afternoon and maybe complete my Great Birmingham Run application too!

I'm going to come up with fundraising ideas and sponsorship ideas this afternoon! Any ideas? Comment on the blog or tweet me on E_ninetytwo 


Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment