Saturday 21 January 2012

Achinngggg!

So after my abs and boxing class and a 4k run yesterday I am aching all over! I am struggling to walk up and down the stairs and it has been raining all day so my Saturday walk today has been postponed until next week. I really really enjoyed the ab and boxing class yesterday and because I thought it would be mainly upper body I had planned to go into the gym for a run after. We used our legs a lot more than I thought, doing ducks, squats, squat kicks and sitting on an imaginary seat against the wall (I don't know the name for this one). My whole body is aching, I felt much better once I was up dressed and popped up to the shop but there was no way I could have walked any further than the front door to the car and back again! I'm quite dissapointed in a way because I really wanted to do some form of exercise today, only a walk because I was going to have a break from running. I had run everyday this week so far, so five days in a row. This doesn't sound very impressive compared to janathon participants or anyone who has run for 100 days in a row but for me it is an achievement! I am planning to run tomorrow afternoon because I'm doing an early shift tomorrow at work, a lovely 8 til 2, so I may use the twitter inspiration to do a long Sunday run! (well long for me anyway)

Today I have done nothing, just sitting around, planning my food for next week and making some flapjack.

Oaty seedy fruity nutty healthy bites? Do you think that is catchy enough? ;) I made this recipe up myself so here it is!

Ingredients
110g Utterly Buttery or low fat spread
4 tbsps Honey
100g Oats
30g Sunflower Seeds
10g Coconut (you could leave this out as you can't really taste it!)
15g Mixed Peel
15g Mixed Fruit Mix
30g Raisins

Method

  1. Put the butter and the honey into a saucepan and heat gently until the honey and butter has melted. Remove from the heat and stir in all the remaining dry ingredients.
  2. Press the mixture into a greased 28cm x 18cm (11" x 7") baking tin and level the top.
  3. Cook in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 until the biscuit is golden brown. Mark it into bars while it is still hot. Cool slightly, then cut into slices. Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.








I worked this out as for the whole thing being 1541 calories, so you can just divide this by however many pieces you cut it into. I cut mine into bite size pieces (approx 25).  This recipe may need a bit of tweaking, out of the 25 pieces I probably got around 17 that looked good, some of the others fell apart or were the edges so too crispy. More butter and honey may be needed but I wanted to keep the calorie count down.


I have been pretty good this week (apart from drinking some wine last night) so I am off for a Saturday treat, a meal out with my boyfriend. I am planning to be as good as I can but all will power may go out the window as soon as I walk in. I'll let you know.

Love x

3 comments:

  1. Oaty seedy fruity nutty healthy bites? Just what you need after pounding the streets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, think I might have to have a go at those this week!
    Hope you recovered from the aches and pains and got your run in. Those exercises are always killers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they turn out well for you! A drop more honey may help them to hold better. Thanks! I didn't manage to get a run in yesterday, I thought it was best to give myself another rest day! Hope your running is going well!

    ReplyDelete