Thursday 19 January 2012

6k run done!

As you've probably guessed I have a plan of what I want to run each day. Today my plan was 5k and a Key Toning Class at the gym. I turned up at around 12.05 and gave the receptionist my card as asked for the Key Toning class at 12.15 and she told me where to go. I could hear the music and assumed the instructor was playing the music to get everyone in the mood. I opened the door and everyone was already going for it, working their poor ab muscles on the floor with what seemed like a devil woman screaming at them. I quickly closed the door and went back to reception and said that they'd already started and I'd just use the gym instead. Admittedly, I was slightly annoyed when the receptionist said "oh yeah, I think she started at 12 cause she thought everyone was here." WHY WOULD EVERYONE BE THERE MORE THAN 15 MINUTES EARLY? Its quite a new class so I don't see why she'd do this as there wouldn't be usual regulars going or anything, and even if there were regulars, are new people not allowed to join in? Its a good job I'm a member and didn't have to pay otherwise I would have demanded a refund because to be honest, that's just unfair!

So rant over...
I went in the gym and planned to do 5k, I started on the 'wave' machine for 5 minutes to warm up and then went across to the treadmill. I actually started pretty well doing a 2 minute run 30 second walk sequence, doing some 3 minute and some 4 minute runs.I did 5k and then decided to carry on for another kilometer so I did 6k. This is the longest I've ran in one go so far! And I really enjoyed it, and I felt like I'd achieved something, and extra km was even far! I think I will either do 5k or 6k tomorrow and go for a 5k walk on Saturday. May even have chance to do a run on Sunday which I am quite looking forward to!

Stats:
Distance: 6k
Time: 47.05 mins
Calories: 432
Speed: 7.7km/h average speed

Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment