Tuesday 17 January 2012

Early(ish) Morning Gym Session

I had plans today at around 12 o clock so instead of having a morning procrastinating after breakfast and then having a late morning, early afternoon gym session I needed to get up early and go. I wanted to be out of the house for about 9 half 9 and have a good hour/hour and a half at the gym. I woke up in the middle of the night and my legs felt stiff! I was thinking 'oh no, I'm going to feel awful in the morning and my legs are going to feel like lead!' but when I woke up they were surprisingly okay!

Last night I went to a Ladies circuits session at the gym which lasted one hour. My plan was to go to the gym before and do a 1k run and then go to the gym after and do another 1k run. Instead I did 2k before I went to the class and then went home after the class, I didn't want to go back in the gym and push myself too much so then not manage to do much all week. I really love the circuits class, I always feel like I've had a full body workout but the only trouble is, it is only on once a week and on a Monday evening. I'm not a fan of going to the gym on an evening, especially in the winter because it is busy and the car park can be a bit dodgy on an evening. And I like to get my workouts done and dusted rather than waiting around all day to leave the house in the dark and cold. I did enjoy the class and will be going again but maybe not every week!

My earlyish gym session involved a warm up on the cross trainer for 5 minutes, 5 minutes on the arm machine and 10 minutes on the wave machine and then I went onto the treadmill. I was going to try and do 5x1k runs, seeing how fast I can do them. My aim in distance for today was 5k and I did manage it, but I seemed to lack motivation and running seemed to be really hard and tiring! My calf seemed to be really pulling at 3k so decided to stop. And then I did another 2k after, just so I got my target for today.

Hopefully do a 3k tomorrow, but outdoors and see how it feels.
I'll keep you updated
Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment