Saturday 2 April 2011

New month ...

Ok so its the beginning of April, and just under 12 weeks until I go on holiday for the first time this year!
I have decided to set myself some specific targets for the 1st of May, I set a month time period so I am not being unrealistic and thinking I'm going to lose half a stone in 2 weeks or something! Although I am sure with a stupid crash diet or not eating anything this would be possible, but no only is it unhealthy, as soon as you started to eat the weight would pile on leaving you feeling worse than before!!
I have planned to lose 5 pounds by 1st May, taking me down to 9st 5. Hopefully, if I continue to eat healthily, watch my calories and exercise regularly, 4 or 5 times a week then this will be easily achievable for me! I am really determined to do this and I know I will feel a lot better in myself and look a lot better too!

Even though I am determined, I am only human and still have off days with the healthy eating and lack motivation for exercise! Yesterday I burnt nearly 400 calories at the gym and then I went to an 80's disco! I laughed and danced the night away and in sky high heels, you can really feel this on your legs! The only problem is the amount of calories in alcoholic drinks! I started off well, drinking vodka diet coke, but this was getting too expensive so I went on to Smirnoff ice, and I even had a few glasses of cheeky V! So the calorie count was sky high for yesterday! I know I shouldn't worry because I'm 18! I should be out and having fun bu t I cant help that that it might have had a devastating effect to any weight loss this week! I was just going to work extra hard today with exercise and burn off as many calories as I could .... this also hasn't happened!
I woke up at 9 feeling really rough and thought I'd give the gym a miss this morning and maybe go in the afternoon, I slept in until nearly 12! And still didn't feel great when I got up!
Instead of going to the gym I went on the cross trainer, I was planning to do 5k and about 200-250 calories so I finally got motivated and got on the cross trainer. I got to 5.5k and 117 calories and thought I'd have a 1 minute break to get a drink and guess what? I never went back on! I think I am going to go back on once I'v eaten my tea, if not then I will make up for it next week!

I need to find a way of burning more calories in each gym session, I know this usually involves more time and some days I have a couple of hours that I can spend in the gym, some days I have 45 mins to 1 hour. Next week I am going to try and work out which machines I can use at the gym which will burn the most calories in an hour. I am also going to try and do stomach and arm toning exercises each day! Within my gym membership I have access to all of the classes but I have never used any! Next week I am also going to have gone to at least one class, hopefully the abs-box class or the spin and trim class! I think I will really enjoy them I am just a bit nervous about them being really hard! No pain no gain I suppose!

Calories consumed: 340 (SO FAR!!)
Calories burnt:  117
80's Discos: 1
Alcoholic beverages:  54678976545678! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment