Monday 18 April 2011

Day One

Day one of my 'training' for the race for life.
I am going to slowly build my running up step by step and I started today with
A 5 minute warm up walk at a brisk pace
Then I ran for 2 minutes and walked for 1 minute for 21 minutes.
This burnt 202 calories and my distance was 3.01k
I also had the incline on 1%

By the time I got to 18 minutes I could definitely feel the back of my legs but I didn't feel too out of breath, too tired or too hot so I did feel like I could have ran a bit longer. Maybe 4k next time, maybe 5k?

This is the plan I found, it is exactly 8 weeks until my race for life but I want to hopefully feel fit enough for it in 6 and then just train quite lightly in the 2 weeks before. I found this plan on the internet and tweaked it slightly. I am going to try and stick to this as much as I can and I am going to record my feeling for each one! Today went well and I'm really up for it tomorrow.
I usually go to the gym four or five times a week! I am going to make sure I do my running 3 times a week and stick to the plan and then the other gym session (or two) I will focus on the other machines and the weights, I may not even step foot on the treadmill.


5 minute brisk walk warm up before each session
WEEK ONE 
Session 1 
Walk 1 min Run 2 min - Do 7 x = 21 mins
Session 2 
Walk 1 min Run 2 min - Do 9 x = 27 mins 
Session 3 
Walk 1 min Run 2 min - Do 11 x = 33 mins 
WEEK TOTAL: 81 mins

WEEK TWO 
Session 1 
Walk 1 min Run 2 min - Do 8 x = 24 mins 
Session 2 
Walk 2 min Run 3 min - Do 5 x = 25 mins 
Session 3 
Walk 1.5 min Run 3 min - Do 6 x = 27 mins 
WEEK TOTAL: 76 mins

WEEK THREE 
Session 1 
Walk 1 min Run 2 min - Do 11 x = 33 mins 
Session 2 
Walk 2 min Run 4 min - Do 4 x = 24 mins 
Session 3 
Walk 2 min Run 5 min - Do 4 x = 28 mins 
WEEK TOTAL: 85 mins

WEEK FOUR 
Session 1 
Walk 2 min Run 6 min - Do 5 x = 40 mins 
Session 2 
Walk 3 min Run 10 min - Do 3 x = 39 mins 
Session 3 
Walk 4 min Run 4 min - Do 3 x = 24 mins 
WEEK TOTAL: 103 mins

WEEK FIVE 
Session 1 
Walk 1 min Run 7 min - Do 3 x = 24 mins 
Session 2 
Walk 2 min Run 15 min - Do 2 x = 34 mins 
Session 3 
Walk 1 min Run 7 min - Do 3 x = 24 mins 
WEEK TOTAL: 82 mins

WEEK SIX 
Session 1 
Walk 1 min Run 3 min - Do 5 x = 20 mins 
Session 2 
Walk 1 min Run 8 min - Do 3 x = 27 mins 
Session 3 
Walk 1 min Run 3 min - Do 5 x = 20 mins 
WEEK TOTAL: 
67 mins




Today I was pleased with my run however I didnt have much time at the gym so I didn't burn many calories.
I think that I am going to try and do my run first, so I don't exhaust myself and then use the other machines such as the cross trainer, the 'arm rotation' machine, maybe the bike although I do tend to get bored on the bike and the weights machine.

Today has made me really excited to really get stuck into the training for my race for life. I am hoping to receive my race for life pack soon so I can find out more details and really start the fundraising. I am also hoping that with time I will really be able to speed up the time it takes me to do 5k and get a really good race time! :)

I think I better get some sleep if I'm going to up my distance tomorrow!
Night! x

P.S. I am still sticking to my 1200 calories at the moment, well I'm not going over 1250! I'll keep you updated on how the training is effecting my hunger and my calorie intake! But as I am used to burning quite a few calories at the gym I don't think I should effect me just yet, maybe a couple of weeks in!



No comments:

Post a Comment