Sunday 17 April 2011

Race for Life 2011!

So I am very very excited, I have just signed up for my very first 5k run!! And I am determined to run the whole way and raise as much money as possible for Cancer Research UK!

It is 8 weeks until 'race day' so I need to get into a strict training programme which I will be starting tomorrow!
I am pleased to say (so far) I am also sticking to my 1200 calorie limit each day :)
I do realize I will need to up my carbs on the days I am running (if I am running a decent amount)

I have been slightly struggling with the lack of chocolate these past couple of weeks so today I decided to buy some Cabury Flakes, the ones that are with the ice cream cones because they are small and just enough chocolate and only 45 calories! I havnt actually eaten one yet but Ill let you know if it takes like chocolate or not!!

I am currently sitting watching the London Marathon Highlights and it is extremely motivating! I can't imagine what it feels like to have that sense of achievement, and to be aching so badly the next day!

I am going to run 3 or 4 times a week, starting with some run walk run walk techniques and hopefully eventually running the whole way. I understand this will take a lot to build up to but at the moment I really have faith in myself that I can do this. It is going to be an emotional journey and probably quite painful, it is going to be hard but I feel like I can do this!!
I am going to be running both on the treadmill and outside, once I've started to run a little bit more I will drive (or walk) down to the local park and run on the grass and the uneven surface to get my feet and my ankles used to it because I have read that because most Race for Life's are at a local park they are on an uneven surface and this can play havoc with your ankles if you are not used to it!

I hope that with motivation comes satisfaction and achievement, and once I have completed it I will carry on running and maybe up and up my mileage over the years! I know this sounds like a huge ambition but 5k is going to be my first milestone and I will keep going up and up and up! :)

Wish me luck! x

No comments:

Post a Comment