Friday 22 April 2011

Milestones...

So now its day five of my training programme and I have just worked out that I have been to the gym Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday! However, I wont be going to the gym again from today (Friday) until Monday.
Monday I did 3k.
Tuesday I did 4k.
Wednesday I did 5k
and Today I did 5k again, not including my warm up.
Today I warmed up on the exercise bike and then went on the treadmill and did the 5k.
I did it in just under 39 minutes, which I don't feel is too bad, I do want to get it faster and run more but its only the first week so I will get there!
I think that I need to go to the gym and mainly concentrate on my running 2/3 times a week and then other times I should not run and concentrate on calorie burning workouts!

I havn't found it too hard and I think that with going to the gym and already doing a lot of walking and some running has prepared me for this slightly!
I am really really excited about keeping up with my training and progressing and hopefully seeing changes in by body too!

Hopefully5k wont be my last milestone, I want to do a 10k and the half marathon and maybe even one day a marathon! I already have some charities in mind that I would love to raise money for so fingers crossed I will be able to do this and raise a lot of money for charities!

I am very very surprised at how badly I ate yesterday yet I still managed to keep a low calorie count!
I was very very naughty and skipped breakfast! I think I had some fruit juice but that was it! Then I went to my favorite riverside town and had a small cone of chips by the river and then I went out for a meal on the night! I had garlic bread, a steak and fries! I couldn't resist the fries, despite having chips already that day, there is no way I could eat a jacket potato knowing how good the fries tasted! I do give into myself a lot, but I think if I deprive myself too much then I am going to have serious cravings and totally give up!

I am looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow as I think it has been two weeks since I weighed myself. I know weight loss is a numbers game when it comes to calories in vs calories out, but I don't want to become obsessed with what the scales say! I'd prefer seeing changes in my body, my attitudes towards food, my attitudes towards exercise and overall how I feel.

Calories consumed: (so far) 425
Calories burnt: 310
Distance ran: 5k

So far a good day, I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend, I am going to a bbq on Sunday but I will do my best to watch what I eat, if not, I'll get to the gym first thing Monday morning!
Hopefully I'll post again before then, if not Happy Easter! x

No comments:

Post a Comment