Tuesday 26 April 2011

Detox?

I felt 10x better about myself after a decent workout yesterday!
I was determined to burn more calories than I had eaten so far that day. I had eaten 399 calories so I was determined to burn 400 calories on cardio machines before I moved on to any weights.
I feel that the reason I am sticking around the same weight at the moment (9st7) and not really losing much is mainly because I am building muscle with my exercise! I am also not being extremely strict with myself either!

Despite not liking the shape of my arms, I only really tend to do weights for my legs at the gym and usually around the arm machines there are lots of men and being a young girl this can be embarrassing! I need to get into the habit of doing toning exercises for my arms at least twice a week at home!

I am still going to weigh myself once a week to see if I am making any progress but try and use the mirror to determine whether I am losing any weight or not! I want to feel better in my self and try to reshape my body, this will involve building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat right?

It is approx 8 weeks until I go on holiday so I really need to step it up a gear! Its also about 6 weeks until the race for life so I need to step that up a gear too!
I was planning on going to the gym this morning and then going out for lunch, and then I realized I don't have my car this morning! I don't think lunch will take all afternoon so I am going to go on the cross trainer this morning and walk up to the post office and then if I have time this afternoon go then! If not I'll have today as a rest day and go for the rest of the week.
I really enjoyed going late yesterday afternoon because when I go in the morning by the time I've got up, eaten (usually), got ready and drove there, then been to the gym come back and showered its like my whole morning is gone because I usually have to get back in time for something in the afternoon!


I have 2 detox plan books and I was taking a look through those this morning and I am considering taking a detox next week, starting on the 1st May. It is a 4 week plan and if it works then I will have about 3/4 weeks until I go on holiday. The first week is detox week and each stage of the detox lasts one day. I am only really worried about the first day which would be liquids only, this does include freshly made juices and unsweetened fruit and herbal teas. I think before I make a decision I am going to discuss it with my mom and see how this week goes.

I'll wait and see
x

No comments:

Post a Comment