Saturday 25 February 2012

Week One Day Six: Stitch

So much for blogging everyday but I thought I should update my progress now:
Monday: 7.5k Run & Gym
Tuesday: 3k Run & Gym
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 5k Run & Gym & Abs+Arms Class
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 6k Run
And hopefully Sunday after work I will use the cross trainer, I am aiming for 10k on the cross trainer tomorrow.

All of the runs at the beginning of week went quite well, I was full of motivation after my longest ever run on Monday.Today, I on my schedule was 5k but I knew that I wouldn't be going to the gym today. I'd decided to just use the cross trainer instead because my legs felt a little bit stiff but I wasn't really sure why as I hadn't ran since Thursday and then my brother asked if I wanted to go out for a run and before I changed my mind I decided I'd go. We planned to try and do at least 5k but would see how it went.

I did 6km and was quite pleased as I didn't really think I'd go out for a run, plus the weather was lovely!
I had mixed feelings about the run, I realised just before I went out that I'd had nothing to eat and knew I couldn't run on empty so I grabbed a small wholemeal roll and of course I got AWFUL stitch for most of the run! I was annoyed because I had to stop at one point and didn't really run very fast but then I was pleased I went out at all!

Previously for lent I have given up bread and chocolate, this year I have given up crisps (because I eat them for the sake of it, because they are easy to grab and eat without any value really and they are high in calories), biscuits (basically for the same reasons as the crisps) and white things, like white bread, pitta breads, pasta, rice etc I know its only been 4 days but so far it is going ok, I think as long as I am prepared and organised with snacks I won't need crisps and I don't really eat loads of biscuits and I prefer wholemeal pasta, rice and pitta breads anyway!

I hope anyone has given things up for lent is doing well! And spring marathon training is going well!

Oh, I almost forgot, when I got home from my run today I had a letter for my 10k including my race number and chip, it all seems very serious so I think I better get seriously training for it, I think everyone is going to be really professional! I don't know the route but I have found it on the internet so I am going to drive to find at and I'm going to walk it once so I know where I'm going and then start running it so I know inclines etc

Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment