Saturday 26 March 2011

Too much time..

Ok, so its Saturday and I'm putting off uni work so I had quite alot of time on my hands this afternoon so second blog of the day! 
Yesterday I decided to buy a skipping rope for a quick, high cardio, fun workout at home and let me tell you it is quick because after about a minute I was ready to pass out! I read on the internet that the aim is to skip for 30 minutes none stop!! I think I can last about 30 seconds before I start thinking "how much longer?!?"
I don't really have any room in the house to do it so first I did it outside on the decking area but because the neighbours were sitting out in the garden I felt that it was a little too noisy so I went into the garage.
I was wearing pumps rather than trainers and after a while I was starting to feel pressure on my ankles from jumping onto a hard concrete surface so next time I will definitely wear my trainers. When I woke up this morning I really felt like I had worked my calves, maybe a little too much, so I didn't feel up to running on the treadmill as I thought this would only make things worse. I decided to give the gym a miss today, it is Saturday afterall!
Instead, at home we have a cross trainer. Originally I wanted a treadmill so I could run whenever I wanted but they are quite big and we didn't really have the room so we opted for a cross trainer instead and I have to say I am really impressed. It is smaller than the one that I usually use at the gym but it is definitely harder work. The resistance is from 1 to 10 but 10 is rock solid and you can't even move it, as its a dial we usually have it between one and two.
With it being at home, it is really easy to just put your trainers on a go on for 10 minutes and 10 minutes usually burns 100 calories so its not bad for the days when I don't go to the gym. Today I went on for 20 minutes, burning 203 calories and doing just over 9k in distance. If only it was this easy on a treadmill!
After going on the cross trainer, I did some sit-ups, some crunches and some arm exercises with very small weights. After I did some toning exercises with weights on my ankles yesterday I thought I'd leave my legs to recover today! 

Calories: Still 444 but tea time soon!
Calories burnt: 203
Naughty foods: 1
Sit ups and crunches: approx 100-150

No comments:

Post a Comment